Froxlor + Nginx + WordPress iThemes Rules
A short howto on setting up Wordpress iThemes Security with Froxlor and nginx.
Assuming you have this directory layout:
This is what i did to make it work on my froxlor installation:
- Login to Froxlor as Administrator
- Impersonate your wordpress customer by clicking on Customers -> [his username]
- As Customer click on Domain -> Settings -> [the small edit pensil to edit this domain]
- Change "Openbasedir-Path" to "Homefolder" - this will allow PHP to access all files from this customer!
- Wait for the froxlor crontask or run it manually
- Login to your wordpress backend.
- Goto Security->Settings and search for nginx, change the nginx config path to "/var/customers/webs**/[customer-name]**/**[domain-name]**/nginx.conf" and save, it should give a message about a sucessfull write of the nginx.conf!
- Go back to the Froxlor Administrator Panel
- Go to Domains -> [small edit pensil to edit your customers domain]
- Insert "include /var/customers/webs/[customer-name]/[domain-name]/nginx.conf;" to his "Own vHost-Settings"
- Wait for the froxlor contask again.
- Voila, now you have improved yours/your customers wordpress installation even more.
Took me a while to convert the Nginx rules from iThemes to “plain” Text so i could past them into froxlor.
This is what came out.